UPDATE ON MUFFINS’ APPOINTMENT

1/19/23 – Muffins update from her 2/18/23 visit at Michigan State Veterinary. – diana

1/18/23 – Today we met with 2 residents who were very knowledgeable and explained the next steps in as much detail as they could. Both Liz and Julie took their time helping us understand. They were very sweet and I think they really enjoyed meeting Muffins’.

I was hoping they would’ve kept her and began the process, but due to problems uploading prior CT imaging all we could do was the consultation.

There are 2 scenarios.

First scenario is the one where the Internal medicine doctor performs live imaging with contrast and can reach the area needed to successfully open her stricture.

Second Scenario is based on what the Internal medicine doctor thinks after he has reviewed the CT images. If he thinks the stricture is to far back for him to reach, then Muffins would need to see a soft tissue surgeon specialist within the same hospital. They described the procedure would involve splitting her mandible to get to where they need to be in order to make an opening.

Although I trust them immensely, this is not the scenario I want because I’m mostly concerned about her recovery.

What she has is not common at all. It’s probably a combination of congenital deformity and chronic inflammation since birth.

I’ll likely hear from the doctor by end of this week or next week. Now that we have had the consultation, it shouldn’t take long to get her scheduled.

Please pray that scenario 1 is her option.

Waiting patiently – Gina

4paws1heart.org/donations P.O. Box 84, St. Clair Shores, MI. 48080

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

324,468 Spam Comments Blocked so far by Spam Free Wordpress

HTML tags are not allowed.