8/31/20 An update from Chief Animal Control Officer Brian Pylar:
“The injured kitten, now known as Charlize, was discharged from the emergency veterinary hospital today! The veterinarians suspect her severe burns were likely caused by live flames, and have ruled out engine burns, as her paws and underbelly were not affected. She is now in a foster home and is loving every second of it! This incident is currently under investigation and we are diligently working on finding whoever is responsible.
Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers for her recovery! A huge thank you to her fosters, who opened up their home without hesitation knowing she is going to require constant care to recover and heal properly ! And a huge, huge thank you to our friends at 4 Paws 1 Heart, for covering the costs of her emergency veterinary care and making sure this little girl received the treatment she was in such great need of. It truly takes a village.”🐾💙