11/30/19 – RIP Spike. Spike was one of 7 kittens found with upper respiratory infections. He recovered from the infection and was taken to the vet to be neutered. During the surgery, he stopped breathing and could not be resuscitated. This was heartbreaking for all of us, especially with his rescuer. His remains are with her. ~ diana
11/30/19 – What better way is there to spend a winter, Sunday afternoon — post Christmas — then to attend our 3rd annual Lions vs Packers Fundraiser at Colleen’s Irish Pub in St. Clair Shores. Please Save the Date – December 29, 2019 and join in the fun for the abandoned, stray, and abused.
UPDATE – A client of Dr. Patterson may be fostering the family and then we will help in finding homes for all of them. We will know more by tomorrow. ~ diana
11/27/19 – A mom and six kittens (eyes not yet open) were dropped off outside at the front door of Patterson Veterinary in Clinton Twp. Mom is feeding her babies but the family needs a rescue with a foster. Mom tested negative for FIV/FeLV but has diarrhea. We will back neuter/spay when the time comes. If you can help, please contact Shelby at Patterson (586-791-6260.) If you do take in the family, send me an e mail so that I know also. AND, let’s be thankful that the person who had or found this family, dropped them off at a vet instead of letting them go or ignoring them. – diana
11/27/19 – Update on our beautiful, brave Carla. – diana
“CARLA: Hi everybody, I’m home! Huge thankyou to Dr. Natalie Zalac at Orion Animal Hospital for taking such great care of me. It’s a wait and see game now for 7-10 days till my biopsy comes back. I’ve got meds and my cone, my mom and I’m so happy to be home. Right now I just need yummys! Mast Cell Tumor..not gonna kick my butt…no way!!!
Thankyou 4 Paws 1 Heart for always being there for me, I hate to even think with all I’ve been through in 2yrs where I’d be if I didnt have you ❤
Please consider making a donation, funds are so needed!”
11/26/19 – Update on our Carla. Continued prayers for our sweet girl. – diana
“Hey Team Chance, I’m home and I’m hungry!!!
Sooo, Dr. Z did a fabulous job and she got a lot more of my tumor then she thought she could. I may or may not keep this adorable Chinese eye depending how it heals. Small price to pay if it means getting the margins. Besides, I bet my boyfriend Rudy will think it’s kinda sexy!
Anyway, now it’s a waiting game. 7-10 days for the results of my biopsy. If the values are low, we will assume all is well and keep a close eye out for ANY weird lumps or bumps. If the values are high, then Dr. Z will want me back for ultrasounds. Paws crossed for low values. I have pain meds and benadryl and my cone 😝 and my mom to take good care of me. Becuse of my disability, cone and pain meds, I will have to stay in my crate for now when moms at work so I dont get hurt. Stitches out in 2 wks and I’m cleared for my pt appt in 2 wks!!! Thankyou all for your love and prayers, and HUGE thankyou to Dr. Zalac and Orion Animal Hospital for taking such good care of me! And to Auntie Debra going & Uncle Tom coming back so mom wouldnt get us lost while she was distracted worrying about me. Extra special thankyou to 4 Paws 1 Heartfor always being here for me. With all the medical things I’ve been through in the last 2yrs I’m scared to think what would have happened to me if I didnt have you ❤
1/26/19 – Please continue your prayers for our Carla. Like Chance, she was going to be euthanized because her back legs were paralyzed. I remember when I first visited her. Shawn Ley of WDIV, was doing an interview with Chance, Denise, and I. Carla, just a little bitty kitten, was in her playpen. Since then she has spent two years in therapy with Dr. Tari Kern and working diligently with her mom. We can’t quit now. We are committed to this sweetie. Anything you can do to help would be much appreciated. ~ diana
“Hello Team, Mom here.
So, the news was a bit like a punch in the gut. Dr. Z did the needle aspiration this morning and shes confident that Carla’s “bump” is a Mast Cell Tumor. Mast Cell can be very aggressive and Dr. Z reccomended that we have the tumor removed…today. We have the utmost confidence in Dr. Zalac and so a call was made to Auntie Di and the email was sent from 4 Paws 1 Heart authorizing the surgery & biopsy.
With these types of tumors its recommended to go at least 1″ in every direction to get clean margins. As you can see by the placement of the tumor that’s not going to be possible becuse it’s right above her eye. Dr. Z will go as close as she can, and we know she will do her best and Carla is in the best possible hands. These tumors are also known to spread & metastasize to other places including the spleen, liver & bone marrow. And we are praying that wont happen with our baby. What we do know is that we sure could use your prayers and help with donations. If you are able to help with Carla’s surgery and ongoing medical please go to
4paws1heart.org/donations/ and in the message box put
“CARLA” If donating by ck, please send to…
4 Paws 1 Heart
P.O. Box 84
St.Clair Shores, Mi. 48080 and write “CARLA” on the memo line. Carla wont be able to come home till much later today so Auntie Debra and I have decided to come home and I will make the trip back with Auntie Marilyn later today. I will let you know as soon as I hear anything Team. Meanwhile please keep our sweet girl in your prayers, it breaks my heart shes already been through so much in her little life. But shes a fighter, and so we are going to fight with her! Every $ helps, thankyou Team ❤”
11/26/19 – Prayers for sweet Carla. She has worked hard for two years so that some day she could walk and now this. Praying that the ‘bump’ is nothing. – diana
“CHANCE: Hey there Team! Sooooo, mom has cancelled Carla’s pt at Pawsitive Steps tomorrow and instead mom & Auntie Debra will be making the trip to Orion AnimalHospital to see Dr. Z.
About 4wks ago mom noticed a little tiny bump on Carla’s head that she thought may be a bug bite. But after 2wks it didnt go away and was a little larger. When Carla saw Dr. Kern her last pt, mom showed it to her for her opinion. Dr. Kern measured the “bump” at 1/2 centimeter and advised to send pics to Dr. Z which mom did. Dr. Z thought it best to bring Carla in and either do a needle aspiration or remove the growth all together and send it in to make sure it’s nothing to worry about. Mom called Auntie Di right away and of course Auntie Di agreed and 4 Paws 1 Heart will be backing Carla’s medical. We will know more after Dr. Z sees her in person in the morning, as to whether she will remove or aspirate. So please send good vibes Carla’s way, that it’s just a goofy weird bump and nothing more serious. Could you please send mom some good vibes too? Cus Carla doesnt know it yet that shes missing pt and even worse that she wont be getting any breakfast! She has to fast so shes ready for whatever decision Dr. Z makes in the morning. But….a hungry Carla is a cranky Carla, sorry mom 🙄
We’ll keep you posted as soon as we know anything.
Sweet dreams Team, see you tomorrow!
Love ❤ Chance, Carla & the Gang”
11/25/19 – This is the week of Thanks. Thank you to our many supporters who have helped us save so many animals this past year. Quite honestly, there are so many it is hard to keep up with the postings. We continue to authorize medical treatment for the many animals born this past Spring and Summer and your donations are critical.
Here is Smiley( first 3 photos) and Pumpkin. One was rescued from the street and one was rescued after he was brought into a veterinary hospital. If you are interested in either, please contact Tracy at: email@example.com ~ diana