11/30/22 – Update on our feline mascot, Chance. A lot has been ruled out but still no definitive answer to the root of Chance’s new medical issues. What does seem to be a constant is that the problem could be centered around his spinal cord. Next step will be a consult with a neurologist. Prayers for our very sweet boy! – diana.

A Second Chance For Chance facebook link

CHANCE: Hey there Team, sooo mom spoke with Dr. O from the Animal Surgical Center of Michigan this morning about my test results.

Urinalysis 1st…No sugar, so no Diabetes! No Uti either. There was a small amount of both red & white blood cells and small amount of protein all consistent with Cystitis. But the Cystitis was very minimal and the cells within normal ranges do not the cause of my leakage.

Abdominal Ultrasound…No masses, no tumors, and my bladder walls were of normal range thickness…no bladder inflammation.

Full Body CT…No masses or cancer that ct could detect. There were some Sclerotic changes to my spine and also a narrowing of the spinal cord canal near my T3. This could be caused by my old injury, or a recent traumatic event such as a fall (which mom doesn’t think is the case since I don’t jump up on high places, it’s not completely impossible…just not likely) or I could have had a FCE “Fibrocartilaginous Embolism” …a spinal stroke.

Dr. O has a call in to the neurologist for a consult and he will be in office on Thursday to discuss next steps.

Dr. Z and Dr. Kern both have recieved the reports and Dr. Z contacted mom 1st thing and and her and mom are both in agreement to wait to see what neurologist says and then decide on my treatment plan going forward. Dr. Z as always is doing her research in the meantime to come up with a plan of what is going to be best for me going forward. Mom is doing her research too. One thing I know for sure, everybody has my best interest, comfort and quality of life in their thoughts

That’s all we know for now Team till the end of the week so stay tuned and thankyou all for your amazing support!


11/29/22 – We are overjoyed and so very grateful to our many supporters for their votes and for First State Bank’s commitment to our community, especially our animal community. Over the years, I personally have built a good relationship with the many employees of First State Bank and it is truly a community bank which cares about their neighborhoods and their customers. The $5,000 prize will be used for two dogs who have recently come to our attention needing heart worm treatment, a puppy who will need surgery for a cleft palate, and the spaying/neutering of the many kittens still being born on our streets. – Thank you, Diana and the 4 Paws 1 Heart Board of Directors


Exciting News!!! If the suspense is just too much… skip to the 0:47 second mark. 

It’s our favorite day of the year – GivingTuesday. The day many of you have been waiting for. We will be awarding a total of $30,000 in First State Banksgiving gifts – and we’re pleased to reveal which organizations were selected by YOU! Check out the video to learn which local charities will receive $5,000-$10,000. Help us lift their missions and spread awareness. Make sure to comment and share, so these worthy organizations get the recognition they deserve!

First State Bank facebook page link

First State Bank website link


11/29/22 – We are asking for your prayers for two of Nova’s babies. You might remember that Nova was rescued as she was chained behind a vacant house. She tested positive for heart worm and shortly after, it became evident that she was pregnant. Over Thanksgiving she had 9 puppies over a number of hours and at the time, they all appeared to be doing well. Thankfully, an appointment had already been made for Nova to be seen at one of our favorite clinics, Orion Animal Hospital on November 28.

Yesterday, I received a call from the clinic — two of the puppies were not doing well. The rescuer was very distraught. One puppy was trying to nurse from the mom but was being turned away; the other was having a difficult time. Courtney, from the clinic, called and offered to bottle feed and tube feed the puppies if we could back their medical. One puppy was very dehydrated and appeared to have a cleft palate. The other puppy needed to be bottle fed. After some discussion, it was decided that our friend and very expert caretaker, Emily K., would be contacted to see if she could take the two in. Emily did and here is her report with the photos of Bogo and Doorbuster.

“Hi – I believe Courtney at Orion let you know today that I took the cleft puppy and the sibling. Just wanted to let you know they are tucked in to my nursery in an incubator and doing ok tonight. We’ve named them BOGO and Doorbuster since they were born on Black Friday

BOGO is the cleft baby – he’s very dehydrated and had a low blood sugar and low temp. I gave him dextrose and some fluids and he’s had his first tube feeding. He’s very underweight, I can see every rib, poor guy. 298 grams.

Doorbuster is doing better than BOGO but does not want to eat by nipple. I’m hoping it’s just an adjustment for him and not actually something wrong. He’s nice and active and not dehydrated like his brother. I tube fed him also and will keep trying with the nipple. I have a few different nipples here to offer him so will see what he likes. He is 366 grams so quite a lot larger than BOGO.-Emily”

Of course, Nova can’t be treated for the heart worm until her remaining puppies have been weaned and we’re not sure when BOGO can have her surgery, if she survives. They all need our prayers and support and that is why your donations and these two contests and our fundraisers are so very important. Melina, the rescuer, was crying and so very grateful for all of our help and, unfortunately, felt so alone and overwhelmed before she walked into that clinic. She told Courtney that she thought she was saving one dog and now there were 10!! – diana